Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Wearing White

As females (apologies to the random male that may be reading this i.e. Dad), we are trained from a very young age, the dangers of wearing white.  The impracticality and potential embarrassment of white is ingrained at a young age - no white ski coats, pass on the white canvas sneakers, white shorts can be see through and anything white worn on the bottom half of your body at certain times of the month is a no no.  But what about the top half of your body?

I have a white, winter vest that I love to wear when it is mild. This week, it was mild and I threw it on for some errands around town. Halfway through my adventures, I caught my reflection in a full length mirror and all of the above-mentioned lessons came flashing back to me: first off, my vest was filthy as white always is (Mom, you were right!), but if I looked closer, glaring out from my inside "hidden" chest pocket in my vest were, very clearly, three very visible "items" that us females stow away to keep private but to have on hand at certain times when you need them. I'm not going to come out and spell it out for all of you, you know what I'm talking about and there's no mistaking what they are if you see these items. Needles to say I was mortified that I had dropped my kids off at school that week and been in public multiple times with my "hidden" items on display for all to see.

Lesson #3: WHITE IS SEE THROUGH


I had obviously forgotten this all important lesson when filling my pockets ... now I have been reminded and the pocket will be reserved for loose change, cell phone and other neutral, non-mortifying items.

If you have white coats ladies - be warned:  white on the top can be just as dangerous as on the bottom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...