Thursday, November 10, 2011

Am I 32 or 62?

Headed on my annual girls' trip this weekend and I had a thought ....

(Get ready as some of you are going to cringe!)

I debated bringing my half-finished Christmas stockings on the plane with me so I could finish embroidering our names on them.  I know, I know.  It's the multi-tasking, always-trying-to-get-as-many-things-done-as-possible nature of me that was thinking how great it would be to pass the time AND get something done for the (fast) approaching holidays.  I know the girlfriends that I am meeting would have had a hay day when they found out too.

Now, I normally am fine to walk to the beat of my own drum (or whatever that saying is), but in the end decided to leave the needle and thread at home in lieu of leaving more room for hopeful shopping purchases on the way home :) Now if that isn't girls' weekend thinking, I don't know what is.

Turns out, on my way to the city on the train this a.m. I saw a girl that couldn't be 18-years-old knitting, so I would have been in hip company.  Good to know.

In other news, thought I would try and dress kind of "cool" for my trip ... this included a pair of grey suede heels (see yesterday's post as I was just so excited to wear them) and I'm already regretting it and I haven't even boarded my plane yet.  Why do I try to fight my jeans/t-shirt/comfortable shoes comfort zone?  Errrrrr.

Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. ya, ditch the heels and enjoy! i'm curious about your now-everyday boots....what do they look like? i'd like something cooler for day to day than cons or blundstones. have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...