Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Mascara Mascara Go Away

So what is your secret to getting off your mascara?

I'm not interested in having smoky eyes afterwards or any remnants whatsoever - when I decide it is coming off, I want my face back.

I have used Lancome's makeup remover in the past with success, but recently (of course just after I finally bought the full-size $34 version) I have not been as impressed. Sure, it gets most of it off, but it doesn't do the total job no matter how hard I try.

Anyone have any secrets that they could share?

Nothing is worse than coming home from a night out when you're all gussied up and getting up the next day and feeling like you have half of your makeup still on your face ... even after a shower.

Geesh. This mascara stuff is more stubborn than me.

6 comments:

  1. Get MAC's oil cleanser. Sounds counter intuitive to put oil on your face, but it is AWESOME. It gets everything off. You rub the oil on dry skin, then add some water and it lathers up. Rinse off like normal and voila! Clean face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am sure beauticians everywhere would mock me but.... baby wipes do the trick just fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use my Clinique Dramatically Different moisturizing lotion on my eyes and then wipe away with a tissue. Works like a charm and I have to apply it to my dry skin nightly anyways.

    I have to admit that in a pinch I also use the Costco baby wipes. They work amazing on mascara!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i meant to post this earlier, but i use Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micelle solution. it's inexpensive, very gentle and works amazingly well. plus, it's french. you can find it @ Shopper's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. katrix: this sounds promising ... just have to work through my $34 bottle of guilt first :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...