Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Easy Pyjama Alteration

At the beginning of the summer I was faced with full drawers of pyjamas for both of my kids.  The problem:  all the pjs had long sleeves and pants and were not that appropriate for summer weather.  I was not very motivated to go spend a pile of money on summer pjs when I already had so many and that they would likely grow out of  by summer's end.


My solution:


The Before looked something like this:


And, with the help of a simple pair of kitchen scissors, the After looked like this:








Voila! Summer pyjamas in seconds. Who needs hems!?

(I know this post is a few months late in relevance, but thought I would share in hopes that come next June as the temperatures start to rise, you may remember my simple alteration and save yourself a few dollars and hours at the mall.)

2 comments:

  1. When Grace started growing out of her sleepers as a baby (in the summer), I would just cut the sleeves and feet off the ones I didn't love or were really worn (we had lots of these from hand-me-downs from my niece)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...