Sunday, August 28, 2011

Have You Ever Fainted?

Have you ever fainted  ... at a wedding?

Let's make this more specific ... have you every fainted during a wedding ceremony?

Yeah, didn't think so.

Well, there is a first for everything and this past weekend I got to check that one off the ol' list.

Yup, passed right out.

Fortunately I felt it coming on and was able to find a seat (it was an outdoor wedding and we were standing while they exchanged vows), thus making it a lot less obvious, embarassing and distracting as I passed out while sitting into my husband's chest. (Sorry, I know, a little less dramatic then what you had originally imagined, but there was a doctor that helped, ice cubes wrapped in a napkin and having to lie down at the table on chairs.)

Of course my husband and I had been looking forward to this wedding all summer - friends, gorgeous venue, bride with impeccable taste resulting in amazing details (everyone signed a picnic table for them, family dog with video camera tied to collar, blanket favours with their initials, and well that is all I got to), romantic outdoor setting, and within walking distance of our home.  It was sooo beautiful and the weather was perfect (well I guess too perfect if I got hot enough to pass out).

Got driven home at 7 p.m. and well, that was my Saturday night.

And what did you all get up to?

6 comments:

  1. Aw that sucks, especially when you are looking forward to such a great night out like that. I have never fainted but I did throw up on a GO bus in my first trimester with my firstborn. That's up there on the embarrassing scale, right??? Was taking it to work along the 401 where there were NO stops so even though I felt it coming on, there wasn't much I could do. At least I didn't know anybody, so maybe you still win ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennie: oh no, I think you have me beat. That sounds horrible. Nothing beats the feeling of anticipation and the reality that there are no options to avoid teh inevitable!
    Thanks for commenting :) are you prepping for JK?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it was pretty awful. I went to work for ten minutes just to tell them I was going back home...

    We are fairly ready for JK, I have her outfit picked out, her backpack, pencil case, a few supplies, new shoes, etc. For the first day we are to drop them at the door, parents are not allowed inside. I am so worried she is going to be hervous and panic and that I will have no choice but to leave her crying :( The first day is only an hour and a half, so hopefully won't be too bad. Are you prepped? I think your little guy will be going to the same school I went to for kindergarten!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no!!! hope your feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That doesn't sound like a very fun time - hope you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah & Designwali: thanks for leaving a message. feeling a lot better - thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...