Friday, October 15, 2010

Top Ten Things ...

Ten Things I Don't Like About Coming Home From Being Away:

1.  Laundry
2.  My husband returning to work
3.  Finding bottles of old milk in the car ... two days later
4.  Old flowers in really stinky water
5.  Fruit Flies
6.  Unpacking and the never ending piles of everything
7.  No food in the fridge
8.  Did I mention laundry (forget the theory I mentioned here .. this is going to be an all-weeker)
9.  Colds
10.Realizing we are down to two diapers

Ten Things I Do Like About Coming Home From A Weekend Away:

1.  My bed ... ahhhhhhh
2.  My pillows ... ahhhhhh
3.  The kids being in their own beds and sleeping waaaay better
4.  My kid-proofed house
5.  My kid gates set up in all the right places
6.  Clean and tidy (hopefully, depending on how we left it)
7.  Feeling refreshed with a better perspective
8.  Cozy afternoon and evening with my husband and boys before the start of another busy week
9.  Not living out of a suitcase
10.  My shampoo

Of course I love going away and love coming home too.  Both directions have their benefits.
Enjoy all of your weekends whether at home ... or away.

LadySmith

3 comments:

  1. Hahah I hear ya on the no food in the fridge!

    There is nothing better than getting home and sleeping in your own bed - with your own pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck, the cups in the car with old milk, that's the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhh home sweet home.
    it's funny. sometimes we're so anxious and in need of a break only to be in need of coming home.
    nothing like your own pillows.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...