Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I Like Valentine's Day

I like Valentine's Day.

I don't go crazy for all of the red stuff that shows up in malls and store windows, but I do think it's a nice idea to have a day reserved for the loves of your life.

No, we don't need a day dedicated to this; we should be living it every day, but you and I both know that life gets busy and sometimes we all need a reminder or a reason to take some time out for the special people in our lives. And I don't mean spending a lot of money or buying lavish gifts - just time and effort will do.

With kids who don't quite understand the concept of Valentine's Day yet, I thought some special edible treats would do the trick:

Pink Smoothies

Heart-Shaped French Toast with Jam & Swedish Berries

Cranberries

(Deflated) Cupcakes

Hope you had a great day and managed an extra hug or love note to someone close.

2 comments:

  1. I like it too, although I haven't always. I can't believe all the baking you did! Good for you. I made a nice dinner (filet mignon!) but the cupcakes were from the store. Was pretty impressed with the husband though, he picked up the cupcakes, the wine, came home early and brought roses for my daughter and I to share. She was thrilled. Valentines has been very exciting for her for some reason.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...