Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Giving Thanks for Fruits & Vegetables


My husband and I had our first Thanksgiving at home, just us with our kids, in eight years.  We both have very large families and Thanksgiving traditions but for a variety of reasons, things were not as norm this year and we got to be at home. It was a nice change and we thoroughly enjoyed cooking our very first turkey.  Or rather, my husband cooked the turkey and did a PHENOMENAL job. Thank you Jamie Oliver for helping us out yet again.

A recap in pictures:


Our Turkey, Jamie's recipe here


Pumpkin and Butter tarts ready for the oven ... mmmm



Leftover Asian-Inspired Turkey Salad
Jamie Oliver Recipe here

 At dinner time, we asked the kids what they were thankful for and my eldest responded with: " ... the fruits and vegetables that we eat and that the dinosaurs don't live here anymore."  

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.

1 comment:

  1. baha!!!! You tell him I'm thankful the dinosaurs don't live here anymore, too!

    I'm glad you're meal was so yummy-a special day for you to remember.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...