Thursday, October 6, 2011

To The Theatre!

My husband and I are about to embark on a theatrical experience like nothing we have seen before.

Not the classic style and tradition of The Nutcracker ballet ...

Not the energy and excitement of Radio City's Rockettes ...

and no, not the epic long Lord of the Rings .

Nope, the genre of live entertainment I am referring to needs its very own category, complete with energy levels through the roof, multiple bathroom breaks, volume adjustments and toddler hysteria. We are headed for  (drum roll please):

The Backyardigans  
Live at the Sony Centre in Toronto




Oh yeah baby! My boys and I are headed down for their first live show. Pretty exciting. Fingers crossed for my two year old. When we saw that they were coming to Toronto and factored in the slight Backyardigans craze that hums in our house thanks to Netflix's constant viewing, we took the leap and decided to go.

Anyone else been to a live show with their kids? Suggestions or advice?

Wish me luck.



1 comment:

  1. We (my sister and I) did Max & Ruby at the Sony Centre last summer. It was an afternoon show and by the time we drove to my sis',, did the subway experience and had a quick lunch, G wanted to back to my sis' appt because she found it more interesting than the show. Defintely made me rethink what I spend on things and what really entertains the kids!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...