Thursday, October 13, 2011

My Fall To-Do List

We all have a love/hate relationship with lists, but sometimes when the piles in the house are reproducing like fruit flies and the "little" projects that you would like to get to are never getting done a line must be drawn in the sand, a master list created and a covert mission launched.

In one month - minus six days - I am co-hosting my book club ladies in my home. And being one of the newest members, not many have been to my home before, hence probably requiring a full-home tour (i.e. can't perfect and tidy just one room, but the ENTIRE HOUSE needs to be view-friendly!).

Thus my sped up quest and mission to get a few things done around the house.

Really, not sure why I'm sharing this with you. Not thinking that you REALLY want to know or care what is on my list, but maybe some feeling of relief knowing that I am not the only one with a really long virtually unachievable list would be nice, or maybe some wisdom on various tasks thrown my way.


The Wish List
  • clean out "that" drawer in my kitchen
  • get control of the paper pile on my kitchen counter that never goes away, even when I try to make it disappear (thank you scholastic book orders!)
  • paint the kids' sandbox
  • paint touch ups around the house
  • sew kids Luke Skywalker and Yoda costumes (did I mention I'm not that great of a sewer)

The Office:
  • unpack/organize office (we got our wall-unit 14 months ago, it's about time)
  • make pillows for the office chairs
  • hang four silver pictures in office
  • paint wall with magnet paint in office

Kids Room:
  • build shelves in both son's closets
  • clean out and get rid of little bits and pieces i.e. silly bandz, lego heads and my son's "collection" (scrap pieces of paper and garbage he insists on storing in his room !?!

Living Room:
  • "arrange" book shelf to make it look pretty and not just like a place to throw stuff
  • arrange fireplace mantle
  • sew the piping that has popped out of my couch cushions

Christmas Prep:
  • make Christmas bags to put presents in 
  • embroider our names on our new (2 years old) Christmas stockings

Sun Room:
  • summer/winter switch
  • make shoe rack ... or do something to contain the mess that IS
  • paint captain's chairs

Our Room:
  • hang pictures
  • clean off my dresser (it's very scary up there)
  • find new main light
  • clean out closets
  • get rid of crap and those 20 books in my bedside table that I will never read
... oh and the countless other things that I will add to as I come across through my adventures.

So what is #1 on your list? Or is your home perfectly kept with no piles or to dos?

2 comments:

  1. Haha, my to-do list is pretty hefty too, although I have been loving some of the organization that has been happening in my house. There were soooo many forms coming home from G's school that I now have a binder that I put all correspondence in. Really helpful, and it has a pocket for those addictive Scholastic flyers. My bookshelf looks like chaos quickly too, I think I am going to get the magazine organizers from Solutions to help with that, as well as being pickier about what makes "the cut" for going in the bookshelf as oppsed what can be returned to their owners or boxed away. They have some great stuff for closet organizing at Solutions too (not that I have been organizing mine...) I have been planning to embroider our stockings too (ever since I bought them last October @ Costco, how are you doing yours? We have bought most of our lights from Home Depot, they have some really nice ones. For our bedroom we decided on a ceiling fan and I love it. I hate being hot when I am sleeping. What book is your book club reading?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennie: I was just planning to embroider them by hand kind of home ec style. I've started and they look okay. will post picture when done :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...