Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Final Car Decision ...

has been made.

And we are proud new owners of a lightly used Toyota Highlander.

New Perks:
  • way bigger interior area to sit and maneuver
  • optional 3rd row seating for friends, visiting family, etc.
  • bigger cargo area
  • much bigger front window (sounds funny, but our jeep's was tiny)
  • touch button trunk close
  • lots of extra keys (lost a key for my previous vehicle in a Christmas bag filled with tissue paper somewhere)
  • great little stuff compartments
  • console in between the kids for drinks and stowing away of wipes and emergency items (where's that soother?!)
  • Bigger but not huge for driving and parking
  • White exterior - nice and fresh and happy looking :)
As I have mentioned in previous posts, my husband and I do not enjoy car shopping and this was no different but it turned out great.

Our local Jeep dealer (whom I did not lease our vehicle from) really made life difficult yesterday when amidst trying to juggle dropping off a vehicle with two kids, their associated schedules, picking up a new car, license plate switching, insurance juggling, etc, they decided they would not take my vehicle back as I did not purchase the lease through them (although I have done my servicing their exclusively for four years!). Errrrrr. Nevertheless, we made it through and got the old car returned, the new one picked up and home by 9:00 p.m. with kids both wide awake, blood racing from too many Timbits and screaming the whole way because they wanted to "drive with Daddy!"

:)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like quite the day but at least you have the new car home and the hunt can finally stop! Yay!

    Hope today was more relaxing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, quite the day. But today was great and loving my car. I made fun of the "trunk close" button at first, but I used it about 6 times today -life saver when you have your hands full and are trying to prevent kids from running into the road.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...