Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I'm So Excited ... Over Deodorant

I just ordered new deodorant online.

Yes, seems like a very odd thing to order online and get all giddy about, but this is some special, long awaited for deodorant.

If you read this blog often, you will know that I recently read Gillian Deacon's There's Lead in Your Lipstick and have been trying to "green" up my personal care products.


In the book, Gillian talks about natural deodorant very honestly i.e. its tendency not to work when you need it the most.  For anyone that has tried natural deodorant, you will know what I mean. Gillian goes on to talk about a specific deodorant by a Toronto company - Crawford Street Skin Care - that she happened to try on one of the most stressful and demanding days of her life (we're talking missed flights, airport mayhem, physical activity, critical presentations in front of senior executives, stress over rescheduling upcoming chemotherapy appointments, etc. etc.) and this natural deodorant held its own and worked miraculously. 

www.crawfordskincare.com

After I read her experience, I was sold and wanted this odour-solving solution immediately.  Unfortunately when I went online to Crawford Street Skin Care's website .... the beloved "Lemon Deodorant Cream" that she was referring to was sold out. Boo hoo!  I was forced, for my sake and those around me, to revert to my pore-clogging, health-threatening, regular ol' antiperspirant.

That is until TONIGHT!

Tonight I revisited the site and voila, no more back order. Bingo Bango Pay Pal and two packages of the holy cream is being sent to yours truly. 

I have set some pretty high expectations and hope it can live up to them. I really would like to be able to move away from anti perspirant as I do feel that there is something wrong with blocking our body's ability to sweat and rid itself of its toxins the way it was meant to. Where do those toxins go when they can't get sweated out?  I know the scientific evidence and findings are varied, but as someone whose Mom died from breast cancer, I'm not taking any chances.

3 comments:

  1. WOw thanks for this post. Please let me know if it works...also got my little trainer book. right now its just staring at me on my desk begging me to open it up....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Designwali:
    Still waiting for it. will let you know how it works. Glad you got he book. even if you don't think you may use it, good gift for someone who is a gym goer and needs to track info. Just finished my first month of bootycamp fitness and really liked it. if you're looking for motivation .... check out their website for locations near you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. designwali: Got the deodorant and it works really weell. will be doing a follow up post, but wanted to let you know.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...