Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mommy, I Smell Something In Your Mouth

You can't get anything by my three (almost four)-year-old.

Not even a quick bite of chocolate mint ice cream after you have put him to bed.

Our bedtime routine, like many, involve multiple trips back to reassure, hydrate, hug, etc. and without a doubt, if I or my husband have ingested anything whatsoever in between checking back with my son, we are greeted by,

"Mommy, I smell something in your mouth ... what you eating?"

And then usually he gives his best guess, which ten times out of ten, is wickedly on target.  Tonight it was ice cream .... our response was of course that we just brushed our teeth ;)

He has also nailed me on chocolate, wine and ju jubes. Always the good stuff that would just make him yearn even more to be awake and scarfing tasty edibles down with binge eaters Mom and Dad.

I always remember just as I'm leaning in, trying to hold my breath in time, but he's quick and he's good and like I said, knows his smells ... especially when it comes to protecting his Easter basket of goodies.

Happy late night nibbling!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...