Monday, May 23, 2011

Reese is 0/2 at the Movies

I am by no means a movie critic, but, at the same time, am not afraid to share my opinion (in case you didn't already know this).

Happened to watch two Reese Witherspoon movies this week, and, if I am completely honest, they both were not good.  One of them was one of the worst I've seen in a long time.

Now before you think I have the hate on for Reese, let me tell you that I am normally a fan, quite enjoy her and don't have anything against her and her cute smile, bright blue eyes and friendly southern girl thing she's got going on.

Last Wednesday husband and I were lucky to sneak out for a date night. We love going to the movies, but it's an activity that we don't get to do very often anymore because the times never seem to correspond to when the babysitter is here i.e. they start too early or end too late (for a week night).  Well on Wednesday we made it work, and Water For Elephants starring our girl Reese and Robert Pattinson (Twilight) was the lucky winner whose time lined up with our babysitter. Not totally unbearable, but moments of boredom and awkwardness. Definitely not a theater, maybe a rental if there's nothing else topping your list, but definitely not one I am recommending. No tears were shed, no laughter heard and no swooning over our boy Rob.


Next up was Saturday night and it was my choice for rental. There was nothing that was standing out so I went with How Do You Know, starring Reese, Jack Nicholson, Owen Wilson and Paul Rudd. Pretty big cast right? I knew we were getting into cheesy Romantic Comedy territory but I like a good RomCom, but this was NOT it. A lot of time during these types of movies I know that deep down I may be enjoying the flick but know that the material is not to my husband's liking ... nope, not to either of our liking. So disjointed, not believable, overdone humour and no attachment to the characters.

Sorry Reese. Here's hoping the next one is a bit better.  I guess I can always fall back on Sweet Home Alabama next weekend :)

P.S. On some other more exciting news ... I have some really fun stuff planned for next month which is coming really quick. You like giveaways?  Then stay tuned and get ready for June.

1 comment:

  1. On the weekend we watched Forks over Knives (documentary all on our food and eating habits) We found it really good...next night we went to Bridesmaids...OMG ridiculous no brainer which was needed :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...