Thursday, May 26, 2011

Friday's Controversial Read

I'm not sure how I came across this article yesterday, but wanted to share it with you.  It's a very controversial story about a family that has decided to raise a "genderless" child.  This does not mean that the child does not have a gender - they definitely have all of the parts of male or female - the parents are just choosing to withhold the gender from anyone but themselves, allowing the child to be free of all of the gender stereotypes and pressures they feel exist in the world. 

It's definitely an interesting story and one that caused a lot of strong emotions to surface within me.  I'm not going to share my opinion on this before you all get to read it. 

If you have a few minutes, take a gander and let me know your thoughts (the link is below):

http://www.parentcentral.ca/parent/babiespregnancy/babies/article/995112--parents-keep-child-s-gender-secret

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...