Monday, February 28, 2011

Dishwasher Challenges

Am I the only person whose dishwasher seems a bit challenged in getting peanut butter off of cutlery? or yogurt on anything? or balsamic vinegar and banana?

I know, I know, dishes are supposed to be rinsed and I do usually do a quick rinse, but my dishwasher seems to be a bit temperamental these days.

And don't even get me started on the hard water spots on the glasses (that's really nice when you have anyone other than immediate family over).

And what about just plain ol' tea or coffee on my mugs or hot chocolate? If I need to scrub everything down with baking soda and an SOS pad before I put it in this "time-saving" device, what the hell is the point of even using it.

I do have to admit though that unloading the dishwasher is the one chore that I have gotten used to. I remember as a teenager and young person loathing the task and in fact, doing everything in my power to avoid having to do it. Now, I still don't love discovering that its full and "yeah!" it looks like I'll be unloading it again, but if I'm honest with myself, it really only takes about five minutes and unless my one-year-old is trying to help, is really quite easy.

Here's hoping your dishwasher is empty and hard working today!

1 comment:

  1. My pet peeve is if any rice is left on the cutlery it literally cooks in the dishwasher instead of washing off. I also find baby cereal has to be completely rinsed shortly after consumption or it becomes hard like plaster!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...