Thursday, February 24, 2011

No Nap ... Here Goes Nothing

Today is the first day that I am intentionally withholding my eldest son's afternoon nap (wipe away tear).

So far, so good.

He is currently playing in the living room with his Playmobil set (pieces too small for youngest son), and having a great time. Youngest is sleeping.  House is relatively calm and quiet. I have, surprisingly, also gotten some things done - load of laundry in, load of laundry folded, dishwasher unloaded and even wrote this post.

I will keep you posted.

I think it's also helping that I took them out this a.m. and got brownie points by stopping for hot chocolate, complete with whipped cream! Love the power of those brownie points.

Just heard a minor crash sound, must go.

2 comments:

  1. So did he sleep in later the next day? Am still jealous he has been napping this long. I lost naps on my older child by 2 1/2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty much the same time, but asleep at night 1.5 hours earlier so that was huge. Miss the nap, but the transition is going better than i thought. It's almost as if he really likes "feeling" more big boy too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...