Friday, February 4, 2011

No Need For Chomping After 25

In my opinion, there's not much need for it after the age of 25.

I mean gum has its purposes - something to do when you're bored, freshen up the ol' breath after a spicy meal or pre-meeting and something to offer friends or attractive peers while in college.

If you're like me, I don't get bored very often, I am much more confident in my spicy breath than I was when I was 21, I don't attend meetings regularly and now that I have my husband, there is no need for the pick-up chiclet.

Now if you chew your Dentyne nicely, quietly and rather uneventfully, then you're not on my hit list.  But, on the other hand, if you are a chomper and do so in public, you are definitely who I'm talking about.

See, I'm talking about the person that looks like this when they are chewing.


No, quite literally, they look like that.

I started drafting this article after spending quite a bit of time in airports during the Christmas holidays and there are definitely some middle-aged aggressive bubble gum chewers out there.

In the privacy of your own home, perhaps relishing in some delicious strawberry Bubblicious nostalgia post-Halloween - sure, by all means. But in public? At a formal event? (there's always one at every wedding). At work? (... maybe, and that is a HUGE maybe, if you are very discreet and keep the gum 99 per cent of the time in a cheek pocket).

I don't mean to be all Emily Post etiquette on your asses, but come on, it looks silly, so unclassy and like you should have head phones and high tops on and at least two different colours in your hair. Oh and a "1" in the first digit of your age.

How does this look to you?



I know there will be a lot of you out there that disagree with me and that is fine.  Just thought I would share some thoughts.

So what is your gum chewing style?  Still chewing? Closet chomper?

Reminder to everyone to sign up for my CSN Stores Giveaway. Contest closes Sunday. Click here for more details.

P.S. This post is dedicated to my Mom :)

1 comment:

  1. Ha! The main reason I rarely ever chew gum is because I am a total chomper. I can't help it, so I ust don't chew. I often keep gum in my purse or car in case I want a quick chew after a coffee, but I only chew for a minute or two. I hate the taste of gum after the first minute anyways.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...