Thursday, April 21, 2011

Backyardigan Mania

Yesterday I posted about successful shoe purchases, today it's the Backyardigans ... welcome to the polar opposites of my life (note that these swings happen on a minute to minute basis).






My eldest is into the Backyardigans in a big way right now.  Fortunately? we have Netflix so we can just pull them up whenever we are watching television. This is very handy given the fact that on Treehouse's last programming switch they are only viewable occasionally quite late in the evening and at 4:30 in the morning. Much as I love my son and the singing quintet, there ain't no way we're getting up at that hour for some imagination and singing, especially when my household just began to sleep (relatively) through the night!

I must say, out of all of the kids shows out there, the Backyardigans are one of my favorites.  there's music, imagination, friendship, all different types of adventure and of course snack time.  My son's favorite character is Tyrone, but he insists it is pronounced "Kyrone" and will argue with you until you give up.  His second favorite is Tasha who he insists is his "wifey" and "princess."  He lights up when he talks about her, it is quite funny and cute.

Another favorite for months was Max & Ruby and Zoboomafoo. If you haven't checked out Zoboomafoo, I highly recommend it, even for older kids - very educational, non-cartoon, fun and one that adults can easily watch as well.



 So what shows are on high demand in your household?

Which ones are your least favorite?

Any that are totally off-limits?

2 comments:

  1. We PVR one of every show that my children like "just in case". :) When we didn't have the PVR we used the Treehouse OnDemand channel as they have a whole library of shows (Dora, Max and Ruby, Backyardigans, etc.) and best of all, it's free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like we do basically the same thing. The Netflix has every show you could imagine and because we only have basic cable (no pvr or on demand), we don't mind paying $10 extra for netflix .... probably works out to be the same. happy watching!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...