Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Getting Outside With The Kids

Isn't it nice?

Being able to exit the premises without having to add 15 minutes onto your departure time to incorporate heavy coats, boots, hats, mitts, scarves and snow pants.  It's just dreamy after enduring the months of winter.

Source

I find it so easy to get outside and get the kids active with the warmer weather. It could be as simple as a walk around our yard to check out everything that is growing or a walk to the mail box.  It sure beats the sub zero temps and trying to motivate myself to leave our cozy interior and a warm cup of tea ... bring on the juicicles!

This year, now that my kids are almost two and four, I am looking forward to being more active. It has been a tough juggle the past couple of summers trying to keep up with my eldest either with a stroller or being pregnant. Now that they are both running, loving balls and playing, the things we can do together are more numerous. 

I don't know about you, but I find it very hard, as a Mom, to fit in formal exercise into my daily/weekly routines.  I mean I walk a lot and am very "active" but actually setting aside time to go for a jog and pick it up a couple of notches doesn't happen that often.  Another reason I am looking forward to the stage my boys are at right now.  I'm hoping that I can consciously get a bit more exercise myself during the warm weather as we head to the park or field to get moving.

As I mentioned yesterday, I am giving away a couple of fitness-related prizes this week for all followers who comment on the blog this week. Today I would love to hear about some creative activity or game that you play with your kids or ways you incorporate your exercise into play time with your kids.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could tell you some awesome play/ fitness routine that I have come up with...but alas...it pains me to say it that I just don't do it enough. one of my goals this year. I'm going to the park is always great...although I don't really like working out with my kids....its gotta be a solo affair for me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...