Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Surprise Shoe Purchases

Earlier this week while on one of my usual marathon mall adventures - returns, a few staples for the kids, Easter pick ups - I came home with not one, but two! new shoe boxes for me. Being totally unexpected, I was practically giddy when taking them home. This never happens.

Earlier this year in February I spent eons searching for the perfect pair of black pumps with no luck and this week, no pressure, and see what happens.

I can honestly say as well that these are the type of purchases that won't sit in the back of my closet or that I bought for no reason and with no idea of what I would wear them with or just because I was feeling like I needed a little pick me up (pathetic sounding I know). Nope, these were two QUALITY shoe purchases that meld my practical, say no to 5" heels type of shoe attitude with a little bit of funk without going overboard.  Oh and they were hugely on sale!

The ankle shoe/boots:


 And the "not too dressy, not too casual" shoes perfect for summer dresses and skirts (they look better in real life):

A note on these second pair of shoes. I have been looking for ages for a neutral summer pair that could dress up and down oh and that I could stomach wearing for longer than 10 minutes (see post here about shoe pain). There are times in the summer that flip flops just don't cut it and pumps are a bit too much. These will be perfect I think.

The shoe store that brought me all of this excitement:  Dumond

Ahhhhhh .... shoe purchase satisfaction. Nothing sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...