Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Silky Smooth Hands

Goodbye chapped, dry, winter hands.

Hello silky, smooth (brown sugar and almond oil) hands!

I often experience dry hands in the winter and spring time, despite my best efforts of using creams, balms and dry skin remedies.

You all know that I have been reading There's Lead In Your Lipstick, by Gillian Deacon, and in it (on page 187) she has this simple recipe for a soothing, natural hand lotion. All you need is brown sugar and sweet almond oil (I bought some at Longo's in the oil aisle today). It's that easy, no fancy trips to wacky stores.

If you have the opportunity to add some of this oil to this week's shopping list, it is worth it. I must say, totally felt amazing, very much like an exfoliation and my hands afterwards - silky smooth!


Deliciously Natural Brown Sugar and Almond Hand Lotion

1/4 cup (or small handful)          coarse brown sugar          50 mL
                                                 sweet almond oil

Take a loose handful of brown sugar and pour a small amount of almond oil into it.
Use a hand washing motion to combine the two into a pate, and apply the mixture uniformly over hands.
Continue the washing motion for a minute, and then rinse off with warm water and pat dry.

If you try it, let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...