Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Band Aid for Blankie

We had a bit of a mishap yesterday morning with one of eldest son's three treasured blankies. Each one is originally named: Scratch (he likes to scratch the satin on this one), Bluey (this one is blue) and Whitey (you guessed it, this one is white ... or used to be rather).

While we were all getting ready, my son requested to play with one of the "machines" in my bathroom basket. He was referring to the ever-exciting hair dryer. Well, a little too much hair dryer later combined with the "warm" setting and Whitey the blankie had a bit of a scorch in him.  My son was traumatized and came screaming into the kitchen where I was (my husband was with him with the dryer ... he was not alone if you were wondering).

My son was saying he didn't love his blankie any more because of the new burn :(

After much consoling, we agreed that we would try and fix Whitey and give him a bit of a patch. This is the result:

Whitey with a homemade patch

I used one of my son's favourite Tshirt's pockets. I am no sewer, but I think June would be proud. I only hope the patch will allow Whitey to find himself back in my son's arms and bed this evening.  I am waiting to see his reaction as he is napping right now and I told him I would fix it for when he woke up.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.

GIVEAWAY REMINDER:  Only a couple of more days to enter to win a $40 gift certificate to Buy Green Skin Care

All you have to do is be a follower/email subscriber of this blog AND
1) send your favourite C&CS post to a friend (and copy me on it) OR
2) post http://www.cashmereandcarrotsticks.blogspot.com/ to your facebook or twitter and tell me about it OR
3) visit http://www.buygreenskincare.com/ and leave a comment back here telling us what you would use the gift certificate for

1 comment:

  1. that is so funny my kids have blankies too! although they only refer them to 'blankie' hahahaa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...