Friday, June 17, 2011

You're Stuck With Me

So instead of being introduced to this week's Fabulous Mom ... you're stuck with me. I messed up on my scheduling a bit so you'll have to wait until next week to meet our next Mom. But, in the mean time, I thought since you tune into this blog, it's only fair that you know a bit more about me so I have answered a few of the questions I would normally pose to the other Moms.
__________

My name is Tracy and I have a wonderful husband and two sweet sons. I am a stay-at-home Mom and although it is the most challenging job I have ever had, would not change it for the world. I am  really enjoying watching my children and family grow and find the integral role I play in their lives and the support I can provide to them so rewarding.

I started this blog approximately a year ago and find it a great way to vent share a lot of what I am going through as a Mom and a woman - the ups and downs, the funny, the frustrating, the new, etc. I have always enjoyed writing so it has been an experiment in that as well.  Being a parent of two young kids, there are periods when there isn't a lot of time for anything but kids... this blog has been my 30 minutes here and there for me.

How does a day start for you and what’s being served for breakfast?
Typically one of my little ones wake up at six or just before. Husband and I take turns getting up. We usually venture to the couch in our living room for a show, then breakfast around 6:30 or 7. At some point showers and getting ready happen, but it's all sort of a blurrrrr. Breakfast is usually cereal and fruit, except on the weekend when we step things up a notch with waffles/pancakes/eggs.

Favorite bedtime story(ies) currently on the must-read list for your little ones?
With my eldest son, the Frog and Toad series was a hit for awhile and right now it is a unique selection of books from our trip to the library last week. My youngest loves anything with animals, and flaps to open (rip).

What’s on your bedside table right now?
Nothing ... I am waiting for a delivery from Chapters with the 2nd and 3rd books in the Hunger Games series.

Tip or Trick for getting those daily vegetable servings in:
Wish I had one. We insist that the kids always have to try the food that is on their plate and if they don't, there is no dessert if we are having any or seconds of their favourites.  During the winter when I cook more casseroles I mash up cauliflower (or another vegetable) in a lot of things as it virtually disappears. Another trick is pureeing a lot of sauces and stews so the kids don't become fixated on the chunks of "stuff."  I don't believe in catering the meals to my kids so I'm hoping that with time and persistence, they will become a bit more adventurous.

Something you do as a Mom that June Cleaver would approve of …. And something she would raise her eyebrow at?
I don't think June Cleaver would like the fact that sometimes I clip my kids nails in their rooms (hey, you have to do what you have to do), but she would definitely approve of me hanging three loads of laundry on my clothesline yesterday.

Any words of advice for keeping all the clutter and toys from overtaking?
No secret. Constant tidying up. Trying to enforce the "clean up one toy before starting with the next" rule and baskets, baskets, baskets!  This way things can be sorted and put away and look somewhat tidy even if they're not. Oh and constantly going through and removing toys/giving away/handing down that are not being used or are no longer suitable. And of course, don't buy so much! (Kids don't need it).

Something special unique thing that you do for your family that you hope they remember fondly in the future

On each of our son's first birthdays we made them a time capsule to be opened on their 16th birthdays. We have a huge family and a lot of people came to the first birthday parties so in lieu of gifts we asked that everyone bring something for their time capsule - picture, story, family information, card, etc.  Everyone participated and it will (hopefully) be a wonderful gift and memory for them when they are older.
Also, being a stay-at-home Mom is something that means a lot to me and my husband. I hope that the kids remember a lot of the things we got to do together and at some point appreciate the choices we made so that I could stay home and why we made them.

Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Dont feel bad about the nail clippings, I do the same ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific post! so glad to learn more about you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...