Thursday, June 2, 2011

Glimpses of Spring

I love spring and I love flowers.  And I'm pretty confident that June Cleaver - this month's honourary Mom - had a bit of a green thumb and would have loved flowers too.

There's something so friendly and happy about them.

Unlike some people who find gardening a pain, I find it very therapeutic (on the days when I actually have some time to do it uninterrupted that is).

I so enjoy cutting flowers from my garden and bringing them inside for bouquets and displays and giving them as gifts to other people.  Flowers just seem to brighten up everyone's day.
I have been very fortunate that the first two homes that I have owned have been older ones with tons of established flowers, shrubs and trees that needed only to be maintained, fed and occasionally pruned.  It's almost cheating as I didn't pick them or strategically plant them ... or pay for them.

Here's a glimpse of some of the flower friends popping up around my yard right now:


Purple Lilacs

White Lilacs

Rhubarb after a picking for dinner

The last of the tulips

Allium

Ferns ... love ferns!

Forget-me-nots



Not sure

The start of my hanging baskets ... To be continued

Bleeding Hearts

Hosta

More Hangers catching some rays 


Not sure

Peonies on their way

Not sure

Paper Whites (I think)


Window container ... complete with hard water marks :)

Chives
I love lilacs, but my absolute favourites are hydrangeas. What's your favourite flower?  What do you think June Cleaver's favourite flower would have been?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...