Thursday, June 9, 2011

Date Night With Ward?






Do you think June and Ward Cleaver scheduled date nights?

My husband and I try to book one every few weeks, usually an evening during the week - dinner, Chapters, movie, a sport. If not, it seems it is just so easy to get caught up in the go go go and every conversation has to do with the to-do list, upcoming dates and events or, of course, the kids. And it is just so easy to plop down on the couch because we're both so exhausted. Not that there is anything wrong with doing that from time to time, but it doesn't exactly score big in the bonding department.

Last week, Friday's Fabulous Mom Erin Wahba mentioned that she and her husband schedule date nights at home after the kids go to bed and make dinner for just the two of them. I like that idea. In fact, we have talked about it, but have just never gotten around to it. (Note: add to to-do list)

This week, I cooked (in my opinion) a really delicious meal - Grilled Vegetable Quinoa Salad. I think I am the last person on the planet to taste Quinoa (seems to be a super popular food these days) and because I am so in the dark, I was the one in the grocery store asking for "Kwin-oh-ah," not "Keen-Wa" as it is actually pronounced. Oops.

Anyways, back to the salad - it's delicious, a bit spicy, pretty easy to do and perfect for an at-home date night.

Gathering the ingredients*

*note the truck that appears in this picture was on my counter because it had recently been banned as the noise it made while being zoomed around the house was driving me CRAZY!


Voila
 If you are planning an at-home date night with hubby this week, try this recipe out - thanks Canadian Living!
_____________________

GIVEAWAY REMINDER:  Only one more day to enter to win a $40 gift certificate to Buy Green Skin Care (deadline is Friday at noon).  All you have to do is be a follower/email subscriber of this blog AND
 
1) send your favourite C&CS post to a friend (and copy me on it) OR 
2) post http://www.cashmereandcarrotsticks.blogspot.com/ to your facebook or twitter and tell me about it OR
3) visit http://www.buygreenskincare.com/ and leave a comment back here telling us what you would use the gift certificate for
Thank you to Brenda at Buy Green Skin Care!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm. I am going to try that salad out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmmm the coconut cream face masque would be my fav for sure...a little tempting to lick my lips :)

    jess

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...