Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Wow Him With Your Carrot Cake


This carrot cake is the absolute best. Got the recipe from a family member and it is to die for. Put it to the test this weekend and got the MIL and the FIL approval on it. It was so good that their was only the below picture left when all was said and done after a dinner serving and a breakfast! serving. What?



Put it this way .... June Cleaver would have died to get her hands on this recipe so she could serve it at all of her important ladies' functions.


Might be a good time to try it out this weekend for Father's Day.  ENJOY!


 
Elsie's (AWESOME) Carrot Cake
CAKE:
3 cups of grated carrots
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup of oil
1 1/2 cups sifted flour
I 1/4 tsp baking powder
I 1/4 tsp baking soda
I 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Beat eggs and add sugar and oil. Sift flour and mix with baking powder, soda, salt and cinnamon. Fold dry mixture into liquid mixture, add carrots and mix well.  Bake in greased angel food cake bundt pan for one hour at 300F.

ICING:
4 oz cream cheese room temperature (1/2 package of 250g container)
2 cups icing sugar
1/4 cup butter melted
2 tsp vanilla
1 tbs lemon juice
I cup grated toasted coconut (optional, I don't usually use)

Cream cheese well, add sugar and beat well to blend mixture. Add
melted butter, vanilla and lemon juice. Spread on cake. Sprinkle with coconut.

**when I did this recipe I used low fat cream cheese. Still tastes great and works fine, but the icing is a bit more runny so if you're looking for a thicker icing, stick with the regular version. I also did not use walnuts or coconut for personal preference.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm! I made this with my oldest today as a pre-father's day treat. It is quite yummy (and I have very limited baking/cooking abilities:)
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I'm so glad you liked Jess. Did you see how many carrots went in ... it's practically a vegetable serving ;) Mmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...