Thursday, September 2, 2010

Shoe Hell

Recently, I returned from a date night with my husband with really sore feet!  You know the ones ... "man, these shoes look nice, but holy s$&t, they hurt my feet" sore feet.

I was all excited to go out on the town with my hubby as he had planned it and I was meeting him at work.  I had a new dress I had bought, threw on some make up and then had to decide what shoes to wear ... It is really frustrating when you are debating between three pairs of shoes, and each of them have a major personality flaw that involves different aches and pains inflicted on yoru tootsies.

The candidates were as follows:
Pair #1 - ivory peep toes - comfortable at first but sqeeze and cut into feet once swollen;
Pair #2 - brown ankle strap heels - love!, look great on, but honestly, I think they are atleast a size too small because they are not enjoyable to wear from the moment I put them on my feet; and last but not least,
Pair #3 - black ankle strap lower heels - comfier, but don't quite match the outfit

So what did I choose? Not the comfortable ones of course ... I brought both #1 and #2 (sorry the picture is not in order). I wore #2's into hubby's office and after walking ten steps in the parking garage once we arrived at our destination, limped back to the car to get #1s and grinned and bared it. Luckily it was a sit down date :)

Maybe after being at home for three years and wearing mostly slippers, I have become a shoe wimp?  Anyone know of any comfortable, somewhat funky dress shoes that offer a healthy alternative to shoe hell?

I do have high heels that are comfortable but they aren't the ones I reach to when I want to look goooood. All my goooood shoes hurt. Am I alone?

All of these celebs are always wearing ridiculous 6' -heeled shoes ...are shoes more comfy as the price goes up or ... perhaps they have man servants and slippers waiting for them in the wings?

Signing off,

Blistered & Limping

2 comments:

  1. You're not alone! I have a hard time finding shoes that I can tolerate for more than 5 minutes. I have a couple pairs of low (I think less than 2 inches) pointy heels that I can wear most of the night before they start to feel pinchy. There isn't a strappy sandal out there that I can wear comfortably though. I usually cant even fit my wide feet into them. I'm 5'4 and my feet measure at a 7.5-8.0, but I always wear at least an 8.5 to accommodate the width :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya. What us women don't do. My baby toe on one foot sticks out a bit so strappy sandals are a no go as well as it has a tendency to peak out and it's not a good look. One of my shoe lovin' friends suggested Miss Mooz http://www.miz-mooz.com/ for trendy shoes but whose heels and fit are a bit more practical and feet-friendly. GOOD LUCK let me know if you find any great styles or brands that work :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...