Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I Need Help Picking a Grey Paint

So my husband and I are in the midst of picking and painting a new paint colour in our master bedroom. 

Currently it is "french vanilla" by Benjamin Moore and has been since we quickly slopped it on when we moved in four years ago. Nice and neutral but very warm and almost yellow. It has served its purpose and now we're ready for a change. We thought we may try something different with a grey shade since it is very "in" right now and relaxing and romantic for a master bedroom.



Testing testing!

Swatches and more swatches

Well, let me tell you, choosing the right grey is a tough task!  I have gotten swatches, tester paint pots, and even purchased two gallons of a colour that we have decided was not right (insert guilt!). 
If at first  you don't succeed, try again!

Currently our room is half french vanilla and half "snappy dresser" by Para and the search continues. 

You didn't believe me?
 Our challenge is that for some reason the lighting in our bedroom yanks all of the colour's undertones in a bad away. EVERYTHING is showing either blue or purple, nothing truly grey.

The colours currently sampled on our walls are:
  • BM Stonington Grey - shows purple
  • BM Gray Owl - shows blue
  • BM Asphalt - not sure, maybe too dark
  • BM Pewter - shows some blue but we're getting closer
  • BM Stormy Monday - PURPLE!
  • BM Stone Harbour - purple
  • Para Snappy Dresser - too light
So I'm asking for some help here. Does anyone have any suggestions.  A lot of natural light floods into the room during the day.

(I want my room back so that I can start my closet cleanse!).

BM= Benjamin Moore

2 comments:

  1. Do you have a Sherwin Williams store near by? The folks at our store can read my mind. I give them parts of my thoughts, that I don't articulate so well, and viola, they give me exactly what I want! While you're pondering, tell me what goes well with the copper tile I am putting in my kitchen. Nice that paint is our biggest issue, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Zoo Keeper: To be honest, I have never used Sherwin paints. My BM store is much the same way and has helped me sooo much in the past few years. Re: your copper tile, what are teh other colours in the kitchen right now - cupboards, appliances, floor/backsplash? and what colours do you like - bold? neutrals? thanks for commenting

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...