Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I'm A Natural/Sporty, What Are You?

So if you missed yesterday's post on determining your personal style type and why it is important, click here. 

I myself am a natural/sporty type. I love getting dressed up and looking nice but I like simple, plain, easy clothes that can be accessorized to the degree I'm feeling. I do not like bedazzlement on my clothes and don't dress for the "look at me" factor.  In fact, when I try things on, I like them to flow effortlessly from the moment I put them on. I want them to be a part of me, not scream at people as they walk by. I am a jeans and a T-shirt gal through and through ... but maybe throw a funky necklace and some kick ass boots in there for good measure.

I'm thinking about who may be reading this and whether I should attempt to peg them.  Do feel free to share the type you came up with. (Thanks Katrix for sharing yesterday).

As far as Wendy's other questions about our lifestyle and influences and the amount that we entertain ...

I am a stay-at-home Mom so have very little use for all of the suits and dress clothes I have leftover from when I used to work in an office.  I need comfortable, hassle-free clothes that provide some sort of fashion i.e. tight pants that give you a muffin top when building Lego towers on the floor are not good for my self esteem, but some skinny jeans that fit nicely with ample stretch could be an option. 

I do not attend semi-formal or formal events on a regular basis, however, from time to time do have functions in conjunction with my husband's work, dinners or other special events that I need suitable clothes for (can't go shopping with a few hours notice of a dinner event ... need go-to staples in my closet). 

I love shoes, but have a very firm belief, that no matter how high and sexy a shoe is, a woman still must be able to walk half decently in them and not teeter like a fawn learning to walk (just my opinion!).

I love jewellery. Not the fancy, blinding types, but the funky, unique, vintage kind that is just perfect to spruce up a plain shirt.  Bangles are my absolute favorite!

I am so ready and excited to gut my closet.  Not great timing that we are also amidst a master bedroom paint change.  Stay tuned for more and please do share any revelations you are having.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...