Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I'm Back

Oh, wow, have I ever been delinquent on the ol' posts lately.  Hadn't missed a Monday-Friday post until a couple of weeks ago and now it's all gone down hill.

Well, husband and I are back to the real world after a few days away for a friend's wedding.  Had a great time and danced our faces off- who can go wrong with an eighties band! It's a good night for me when old school Whitney Houston is actually played ("I Wanna Dance With Somebody!") ... and even better when it's played twice and paired with Foot Loose.  Needless to say my legs and butt were hurting a bit the next day.

It was kind of nice packing five pairs of shoes that I knew I wouldn't wear all of ... especially when you contrast that to my usual - packing a family of four into two! moderately sized pieces of luggage for a week.  There ain't no extra pairs of shoes or full makeup bags being packed in that luggage, let me assure you.

Turns out my husband and I still like each other's company when we're on our own and loved spending time together. It was a nice break and getaway. Forever indebted to my MIL!

This week is all about getting back into the swing of things i.e. getting used to looking after other people again and not just myself.

Signs of spring this week are encouraging ... I saw pieces of green grass in my back yard. Temperatures hovering around zero make it so much more enjoyable to get the kids outside (our weekend away was in -25 Calgary!).

Stay tuned for more posts and updates on the Closet Cleanse - Jennie and Designwali are joining me - should be fun... and therapeutic ... and make much needed space for spring shopping!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time! I remember the few times we were able to get away when my children were young. It was Great when we were in Germany for 4 1/2 years and able to do some site seeing without the "Are we There yet?" ringing in our ears. Now the children are grown and leading their own lives. They are so far away, across the US on the East Coast, we don't see them or the granddaughters very often. Sorry I haven't replied for a while. Have been busy working on my website and running into lots of problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you took a picture of that green patch because I am sure it is gone now. It is coming down pretty hard here.

    So glad to hear you had a nice time with your husband. It is so nice sometimes to have that chance of just being a couple, not parents. I definitely need to book one of those soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome back...i need a trip like that....especially since i'm battling with my hubby to DIY our closets and he just wants to pay to get it done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Designwali!
    So who is going to win this difference in opinions? either way - new closets! you'll deserve it after next week. Trying to set things up for the closet cleanse. stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlene: Glad to have you back. How is the website going? new business? That's too bad you are so far away from the kids and grandkids ... special visits when you do have them I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...