Thursday, March 3, 2011

We're Leaving On A Jet Plane

Next week, my husband and I are leaving for a couple of days - first multi-day trip away from the kids together.

It's crazy the mixed emotions I have.

Up until this week, I was super excited. Now the "missing the kids" feelings are creeping in accompanied with worry and fear at having them out of my sight and control for so long.

I am, however, looking forward to a non-kids airport experience and no curfew. we have even booked a massage and might even squeeze in a movie. I know the movie part seems a bit silly, but it's something we used to do all of the time and that we loved doing before we had kids and we just don't seem to get out to them anymore. And no, Caillou does not have a new big-screen feature out right now, so we'll be happy to settle for Matt Damon!

Have you booked a date night with your special someone lately? Maybe it's time to give your sitter a call. You deserve it.

2 comments:

  1. oh how fabulous....enjoy it it...you will love your kiddies even more when you come home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy!! You'll have a nice relaxing time and then as the vacation is ending you can look forward to the reunion with the kids! Win-win.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...