Sunday, March 27, 2011

My Latest Trip to Chapters

Last week I went to Chapters and picked up these three books:

1) Positive Discipline for Preschoolers
by Jane Nelson Ed.D.
For Their Early Years - Raising Children Who Are Responsible, Respectful, and Resourceful

This was recommended by a friend. Hoping it will provide some helpful hints and solutions to some of the current power struggles. I will let you all know if it holds the answers to all of our challenges!



 2) There's Lead in Your Lipstick
by Gillian Deacon

I happened upon this book when I heard a snipit of the author on CBC one day.  "Organics" and living healthy and clean has always been something I strive for, but something that is very hard to get information about. Sure, "organic" is everywhere and in your face at every aisle and page of a magazine, but finding out real information about what is in our beauty products so we can make our own educated choices (instead of just trusting words and claims on a bottle) is difficult. I have read the first few chapters of this book and with every page I have to pick my jaw up from the floor. The information that is provided and the sad and sick truth about what we slather on our bodies and ingest on a daily basis is heart breaking.  I urge each of you to pick up a copy.



3) The Year of Living Biblically
by A.J. Jacobs

This is a book I picked up for a book club.  Haven't started it yet so nothing to share. Looks like it could be a great blend of humour and serious insights.


 Have any of you read these books?  Started any other good ones you'd like to share?

Any how are those closets looking? Do tell.

4 comments:

  1. I love a good book...

    I HAVE to get my closet cleaned and organized. Have to. I am going to be keeping a baby in there very soon---some babies get their own fine lil nurseries, mine is going to stay in the closet for a bit this time. I'm a terrible Mom! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so you're expecting Cheyenne? Congratulations! That is wonderful news. So how long do we have before the closet has to be cozy without stray wire hangers ready to fall on the bassinet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. the lead lipstick book sounds good so far! i might have a read at some point....when reading becomes an option again :) for now, here's a great database you might like: environmental working group (http://www.ewg.org/bodyburden/consumerproducts). p.s. my closet cleanse will happen one day, i swear! we're likely moving in the next several months so that will be a good time......

    ReplyDelete
  4. You caught my eye with There's Lead in your Lipstcik. I just finished Food Matters by Mark Brittman...a definate eye opener. We have made many changes since reading that one. I will let you know how I do with Lead in your Lipstick From your USA reader in MN :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...