Thursday, January 20, 2011

I Despise Sweater Pilling

Am I the only person that experiences sweater pilling? Because I sure don't hear much chit chat about it very much. 

Source

Regardless of how old each of my sweaters is, it seems none of them look so great because of the pilling that occurs.  Obviously there are a few that are the Queen Pillers but very few don't pill at all.

I've tried just randomly picking off some of the sweater jam, but good luck! I even bought this mini machine with a motor that is supposed to somewhat shave off the pieces of fluff and I guess it works to some degree, but the amount of fabric that needs to be covered makes the task pretty daunting.

While shopping for Christmas presents I chanced upon "The Sweater Stone" in Eddie Bauer, never bought one and now they're sold out. I'm sure it's just a gimmick that doesn't quite work, but a girl has to dream.

 
The Sweater Stone By Eddie Bauer

So I want to know, what do you do for your sweater pills? Chuck your sweater, excruciatingly pick off all of the fluff, or do you have a secret you can share with me to end this suffering and bring back my sweater love?

1 comment:

  1. I especially when that happens to more expensive sweaters. For that reason, I always try to get the best deal on sweaters, like a 2 for 1, or buy one get one. They all pill it seems, regardless of price, so if I can not spend too much on one that looks get and at least get a season out of it... Have never had one of those motor things. I hear they work, but you can only do it once or twice before the sweater just gets too thinned out. And I agree, there is a lot of fabric to cover.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...