Monday, January 10, 2011

Mad At My Stroller!

I actually told my stroller to FU%* off today.

I kind of laughed at myself afterwards.

I had just supposedly clicked my wonderful (insert sarcasm) double stroller into its locked, flat & folded position and then I tried to one arm it into the back of my vehicle at which time it decided it wasn't locked and popped open, falling right in the pile of slushy brown snow by my feet. This all happening after I had the kids out about 45 minutes more than I should have, asking them to behave in various stores, rushing home for lunch so yeah, I told it to F&*K off because wouldn't you think it should be on Mom's side, helping me out wherever it can. Nope, plop, splat, right in the crappy old slush.

Woo hoo.

So I pulled myself together realizing I was speaking to an inanimate object, tossed it in the trunk, this time for good, slammed the trunk shut and went about my business.

Deep breaths and away we go.

Voila, your comedic mental image for the day and permission to tell your stroller whatever you want today.

6 comments:

  1. LadySmith I can't even imagine you dropping the F-bomb to your stroller! I feel your pain though, having so much stuff all the time, I had it when I drop something in a puddle or in mud. Especially when it should be clear to the powers that be that I am having one of those days where I don't need the extra challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I got the InStyle book for Christmas! The one you recommended in a previous post. I have only had a chance to peek so far but I love it already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember those days! I had kids throwing temper tantrums in the grocery store and I know you're supposed to just leave but I would be almost done and then pay with them kicking and screaming...

    i don't miss strollers..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lissa: welcome. Glad you could stop by. amost through the stroller days. will love having my trunk space back that is for sure. But there is something to be said for being able to strap them in when need be :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennie:
    Glad you like the book. So happy you got and like. How are teh workouts going? Powerwalk for me today. Freezing out, but good hour long exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Workouts are going okay... I feel like I should join the gym to get that real solid hour with all the machines but I don't think I would get the chance to go. I was going to do a walk today too but my feet were already freezing just from driving Grace to nursery school and I wasn't sure if the baby would stay warm enough. I cannot wait for the warmer weather! Even around 0 is fine. I am going to find my pilates DVD and see if I can get the dust off it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...