Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Breast Exam: No Time Like The Present

Today I am going to get a mammogram. My 3rd.  I am very young to get them, but given my family history, my doctor sends me to get them annually.  It always scares me. Especially when I got a call back after my first one saying that I needed to go back in because of something they noticed.  Turned out, all was okay.

All of you reading this know of someone who you love or cared about that has had to endure a battle against breast cancer.

For me, it was my Mom.  And unfortunately, she lost that battle in 2003.

Source

Do yourselves a favour - perform a breast exam today... no excuses.

Speak to your doctor about any concerns you may have, find out about your family history from your parents and relatives and for goodness sakes, do all that you can to be healthy.

It's your body, it's your health. If you don't take care of yourself, who will?


LadySmith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...