Monday, October 18, 2010

Mom: Please Forgive Me For My Sink Debris

Multiple times throughout the day, as I peer into my sink, I think of my mother.

And I hear her voice saying something like, "Clean out your sink for goodness sakes! Look at all the food in it. Those drain covers are there for a reason ... to catch all of the food. This is disgusting." And she would be wearing her disgusted look of concern ... you know the one that says, "I didn't raise you like this!"


Thanks Mom.

I know that food lingering in the sink area or left in the drain without being properly disposed of was one of those things that drove my Mom crazy.

And as I have grown up, I notice that most of my Mom's pet peeves and ways of doing things have also, ironically enough, become my own ... but this one hasn't stuck.

It must be the stage of life I am in right now i.e. keeping my sink clean is virtually impossible and against all odds.  It's not that I'm a slob, or at least I don't think of myself as one. I love the look of clean sinks.

See, my sink can be clean!
My sink, until the final end of the night clean up, is gross.  You can find anything from cheerios, yogurt lids, snips off the milk bag, dried up play doh, lunch leftovers, fruit cores, dirty dishes, and other interesting debris inhabiting my sink.  There are just so many meals, so many plates, so many little people crumbs and discards and not enough time to clean up. Oh well, I'm not worried. I'm sure my Mom would understand ;)  although I know Martha would NOT.

Maybe in our next house, I'll request a garburator ... so much easier.

Yours in clogging the drain,

LadySmith

P.S. I spared you the picture of my sink during the day and went with the post clean-up version.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...