Friday, October 22, 2010

My Copy-Cat Wreath

I am relatively new to the blog world and in my quest to check out other people's blogs, I came across two wonderful fall wreath designs that i found to be stunning - one at Ducks In A Row and the other at V and Co.

Inspired by the fall season and remembering these beautiful images, one day while out for a forest walk with my boys, I attempted to stuff as many pine cones in my jogging stroller as possible (both in the basket meant for carrying things, as well as all around one of my sleeping sons ... what's a little sap!).

Last night, my glue gun and I had a long overdue date (I think it's been more than a decade since I last pulled it out). A couple of glue burns later, I think I came out on top.


As you can see from the pictures, my pine cones are long white pine cones (I think), totally different shape than the above links so I was faced with a bit of a challenge on how to accommodate their shape, but I think it turned out pretty well.  I quickly grabbed that red fabric as I had leftovers from my son's curtains but might change it to plain cream or a plum pattern (if and when we ever paint our front door!).

My hands are sticking to the keyboard and mouse as I type. Gotta love glue guns.


LadySmith

P.S. Thank you Ducks in A Row and V and Co. for wonderful inspirations.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    Love your wreath ... the long cones give it a totally different look. Way to make it your own ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sharon! I needed that. Head held a bit higher now. My husband liked it too so that is huge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ... you won the tickets to the Steven and Chris show ... let me know where to mail the tickets ... congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...