Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Mirror Mirror On The Wall

So just a warning that this post may be a bit depressing for those readers who are pre-kids ....

Mirror mirror on the wall,
Where did my flat stomach go?

Before I had kids, I had a reasonably flat stomach. My stomach was the one body part that I could somewhat count on. As I've mentioned in previous posts, the boobs are lacking, and I am of the pear shape variety.

I am happy to say that I am relatively, give or take five pounds, back to my pre-kids weight. Fitting in normal clothes, buying similar sizes to years gone by .... it's nice to be back.

But my stomach .... it just doesn't look the same.  If it's covered, under a dress, hiding behind jeans, it's fine, but straight out in the open, nope, a sad version of what existed before.  I should be thankful, no bright red stretch marks or huge challenges losing weight, oh and of course two healthy and beautiful children ... but the way the skin sits .... wrinkles ... kind of hangs out over anything elastic put up against it (a girl has to wear underwear!).

I know everyone doesn't experience this because I have seen Moms wear bikinis and there ain't nothing happening on their stomachs like what is happening on mine!

Don't get me wrong (my friends are probably totally grossed out reading this and thinking, WAY TOO MUCH INFORMATION!), it's not THAT bad, it's just when you compare it to before, it is definitely different. We're not talking Kate Gosselin gone wrong here, just some strategic stretch marks exactly down the midline that tend to buckle because that is wear the skin naturally pushes.

Oh well. I guess it's the granny pants section for me at Victoria Secret. I always wondered why in the hell they even made underwear that came up that high ... now I know :) Great!


If you see someone with their underwear sticking out of their jeans today, and it is NOT a thong, think of me!

LadySmith

P.S. All joking aside ... a very small price to pay to be a Mom.

2 comments:

  1. Those wrinkles are badges of honour to be worn proudly! (under a big sweater) ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...