Tuesday, October 12, 2010

You Drove How Far This Weekend?

Like I mentioned on Friday, my family and I headed north to Manitoulin Island for our thanksgiving this past weekend. It's a good six-hour drive for us and many people wonder why we bother driving that far. I can't put it into words. Maybe it's because I have been going there for my summer vacations for the past 31 years ... maybe because it is remote, rugged, stunningly beautiful and away from it all .... maybe because it's where I feel closest to my Mom (who passed away seven years ago) as  ... whatever it is, it's home to me.  And thankfully my husband and kids are crazy about it too.

Have you ever been to Manitoulin Island? If yes, I would love to hear about it ... if no ... something to add to all of your bucket lists!

Here are some pics ...









It's so nice to getaway ... to make time for a few extra deep breaths, to run away from the piles, the to-do lists, laundry machines, unfinished projects, computers and work.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed some time with family and friends.

Sincerely,

LadySmith

P.S. You'll notice some of the pictures have some unique filters and looks to them ... I took them all on my iPhone with new app - Hipstamatic. It is AMAZING!

2 comments:

  1. Looks amazing, I have never been but will add it to the bucket list for sure. The drive seems worth it for that waterfall alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really beautiful ... especially if you like rustic beauty. There are no trendy shops, fashion police or posh million dollar mansions lining the lakes, but that's what makes it even better ... untouched beauty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...