Friday, October 1, 2010

We Love You Jamie!

My husband and I love Jamie Oliver.

I think my husband received his first Jamie cookbook from his Mum for Christmas approximately seven years ago ... and we've pretty much become obsessed with his entire repertoire ever since and collected all of his remaining installations.

I'm not certain which recipe we tried first, but man, do his meals ever taste delish.  I don't know exactly what it is. They're not that complicated, especially when you compare to some out there.  It must be his flavour combinations - taking two or three items you would normally never think of putting together and presto! Mouth watering, oozing with flavour and for the most part, pretty healthy. He uses a lot of fresh herbs which makes a huge difference and results in food tasting really fresh and alive with flavour.

We are so confident in Jamie's ability to impress that we often try out his recipes for the first time while entertaining (usually a risky move when you haven't attempted the meal with all of its steps prior to the big event). We trust Jamie ... and he hasn't let us down yet.

The following recipes are just a quick list of some of our favorites.  We have tried, tested and give three thumbs up (I have linked them to online versions and provided pictures where possible):







    Working Girl's Pasta by Jamie Oliver

Spaghetti With Sweet Cherry Tomatoes ... By Jamie Oliver

 



Parsnip and Pancetta Tagliatelle By Jamie Oliver


    Scrummy Warm Arugula Salad By Jamie Oliver


Easy Peasy Ginger Beer By Jamie Oliver


Lemon Curdy Pud By Jamie Oliver

 ... And any of his risotto recipes


I hope that gives you a bit of inspiration for this weekend's meal preparations.

Happy eating!

LadySmith

3 comments:

  1. We've made one of his risottos and oh my. To die for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life Begins: mmmmm I know. I have no idea where all of the flavour comes from sometimes. So good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We made a baked pasta from his Italian cookbook a week or two ago and omg delish!! The basic sauce was so simple and tasty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...