Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The BEST tv show in a very, very long time

I am re posting this as it was one of my first posts and not many people got to read it. Apologies to the two people that have :)

I heard about Friday Night Lights a couple of years ago and didn't think much about it.  It wasn't until one night my husband and I were debating what to watch that I suggested Friday Night Lights ... no expectations, no idea what it was about ... told him we'd watch just one and if we didn't like it, we'd be done.

#33 Tim Riggins
WELL! Oh my goodness. The BEST show.  ALL the characters and actors are phenomenal, the relationships are real and relatable and the stories are soooo good. It's not over the top, unrealistic or filled with gratuitous sex and too many fake boobs ... although there are some very beautiful characters on both the female and male side, so it makes for good husband/wife viewing. My husband loved it too. We were addicted, watching two, three episodes a night, finishing off four seasons in a few weeks :) (this took dedication as at that time, we had an 11-month old who was not yet sleeping through the night!).
The show has just finished filming its 5th and final season which airs, sometime in the next six months I think.

Do yourself a favour ... watch it!  All I have to say is Tim Riggins #33 (played by Canadian Taylor Kitsch)! Flashbacks to forbidden high school crushes ... ahhhhhh.

Sincerely,

#33 fan

P.S. Let me also say that my husband and I are not big television watchers so if we were glued to it and loved it, that says something.

2 comments:

  1. I agree... this show is totally under-appreciated! I don't understand football at all but I find myself holding my breath during each Panthers/Lions game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... and i hold my breath every time I see Riggins :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...