Monday, September 27, 2010

In Search of An Age-Appropriate Training Bra

Every woman has to do it at some point - shop for bras.

I just have a hunch that this task comes easy for some and brutally hard for others. It's usually brutally hard for me.

Us women, we're a broad spectrum of bust varieties.  I am on one side of this spectrum - a nice solid 'A' cup that doesn't need much support, just a little coverage and has a challenge filling out this, the smallest cup size there is.  I have a sister and close friends that occupy the other end of the spectrum - they have larger ladies upfront and they want lots of lift, comfort in the straps and please, something half decent looking.

I went bra shopping this weekend, thankfully sans children. I was able to stand in the change room (I hate change room lighting!) for a good hour contemplating between the 34A and the 36A - is it too tight? Does it gape too much when I lean forward and sort of hunch my shoulders (you know because one does that so much)?

When I bra shop, I always have a feeling the back strap is too tight. Then I second guess myself wondering if it feels tight because it is actually too tight or is it because I am concentrating on it so much and am noticing it.  Drive myself crazy!

So what did I go with - two 36As .... and spent all day Monday wearing them with the tags on ... and now I'm returning them tomorrow ... errrrrr. I guess I'll just have to go to Wal-Mart and get more of the Sweet Nothins brand. Don't laugh. Yes Wal-mart, No, not my favorite place either, but if they fit, they fit! I came across this brand when I was post-pregnancy, inflated in size and needed new bras but did not want to invest any money in my false sense of bustyness.

I'm sure some of you are thinking, this girl needs help. Get her to a professional bra fitter or specialty store. Been there, done that. Have a real problem spending close to $100 on a bra that is basically a 34A triangle, training bra.

And one other question, and this may make some of you cringe, especially the ones without kids ... am I the only person who actually machine washes and dries my bras and underwear?

Sincerely,

Braless

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...