Saturday, September 4, 2010

Not Martha Approved ... but delicious nonetheless

Cakes - Some people love to make them, some people only buy them, while others just enjoy eating them.  I do all three.

Eldest's 1st Bday cupcakes
However, for my boys' birthdays, I really enjoy making them their cakes.  For my eldest's first, I made cupcakes and (attempted) to decorate them all like different animals.  For his 2nd big day, I did a bumble bee cake and sadly forgot to take a picture.  And this year for #3 and my youngest's #1, I did a train cake and am attempting another cake that will be a soccer field with gummi bear players (don't ask! that was the specific request, inspired by this gummi bear song and his apparent new interest in soccer). 


Youngest's 1st Bday Train Cake
As you can see, the result is pretty basic, nothing perfect or even remotely resembling a Martha Stewart creation ... but delicious, and more importantly ... made with love.  If you are game to try out a cake, but don't have all the fancy piping gadgets or funky cake pans (I couldn't be bothered to buy all the "stuff"), just google the type of cake you want to make (i.e. "train cake") and then click on "images" at the top left hand portion of your screen when the results pop up. This will show you many visual inspirations for your masterpiece and give you other homemade ideas.  Happy creating!


Signing off,

Not Martha

P.S. Answers to previous construction vehicle post are: top left - Front end loader, top right - grader, bottom right - bulldozer and bottom left - excavator.

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! I have no baking skills whatsoever - I think my sister got them all!

    Check out her stuff - cakesbycasey.blogspot.com

    You mommy bakers are so impressive!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...