Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What the heck do you do with a liquor decanter?

Unless you are Victor Newman and live on a soap opera, what the heck do you do with a liquor decanter?

My husband and I have have some rum, vodka, a nice scotch and a few other types of alcohol lying around, but other than that it's not like we have this massively stocked liquor cabinet, nor do we pour all of our booze into decanters to breathe.

We received a couple of liquor decanters as wedding gifts and also have a few others that were given to us by a family member. Don't get me wrong they are beautiful, but they do no one any good shut away in a cuboard or china cabinet. So what do you do with them?

Voila ... My husband and I came up with the idea to put candy and snacks in them - smarties, jujubes, wine gums and pistachios. It is a lot of fun, especially during the holidays when company is visiting. If you have a bar top area you can just leave them out ... the bright colours are a casual and fun contrast to the formal crystal AND they are beautiful pieces to show off.

I also remember reading somewhere that they can be used for putting bubble bath or bath beads in to bring some sophistication and elegance into the bathroom. Unfortunately, I don't have a bathtub in my master bathroom and I don't think my one and three-year-olds are quite ready for "sophistication" in their bathroom. We will have to wait on that one.

So, if you have a few decanters lying around, just an idea on how to use them if they're shut in a cupboard somewhere.

Sincerely,

LadySmith

P.S. I will warn you though, I tend to eat a lot more jujubes when they're out and about. I eat jujubes like Victor Newman drinks ... whatever it is he drinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...