Friday, September 10, 2010

Dear fashion experts: I need your help and advice

I am a jeans and t-shirt kind of gal. And when I say that I don't mean that I am a grub ... I mean, yes, some days for sure, but I like simple, effortless fashion. I'm not a bling kind of girl and am not one for multiple accessories or looks that, although they may be in style, look like they took a lot of work to put together. For me, the style is in the small things - a detail here or there, a gorgeous but minimal coat, funky bracelets, awesome shoes or an amazing belt.

Ah, the belt...

I feel quite comfortable with most accessories and my ability to assess whether they match, look good or gel with my outfit, but the belt eludes me. I mean, I can throw on a worn in, brown leather number with a pair of boyfriend jeans no problem but it's all the other types of belts that I'm in the dark about - the skinny belt, the thick belt worn around the waist, the belt thrown over a baggy and long shirt over leggings, etc.
Apologies for the quality ... in a rush this a.m.

I do have some nice pieces in my belt collection ... I think ... but am confused by how exactly to use them. I am famous for trying to put belts with various outfits, asking my husband for his opinion (always an "I'd take the belt off ..." response) and then running out the door sans belt and even more stumped.

I'm asking all you fashion experts out there for some solid, go-to, belt advice or guidelines on how to pair belts and outfits so they don't look too try hard. Or perhaps the five must-haves of a belt collection.  Remember, not keen on the bling and simple, effortless look is preferred.

Sincerely,


Confused, any way you cinch it

1 comment:

  1. I am by no means a belt expert, so take that into consideration.

    Skinny or wide can both go over cardigans, dresses etc. I personally don't bother with my jeans - I'm like Zach Morris, I know.

    THere are some good fashion bloggers that can give you ideas.

    http://infinitewhimsy.blogspot.com/

    http://anthroholic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...