Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Scary to ... Pretty darn good in 5 minutes

I think we all can admit that we have, at one time or another, stumbled upon the show "What Not To Wear" and watched an episode or 50. There's something about watching a makeover that is addictive - that curiosity of wondering how good you could look if someone taught you exactly how to do makeup for you or, more importantly, what kind of retail therapy you could accomplish with $2K in NYC!

Anyways, I'm not sure how I came across the book, but Carmindy (the makeup artist on What Not To Wear) has a book "the 5 Minute Face - The Quick & Easy Makeup Guide for Every Woman".  Last year, right before Christmas when family members were grilling me for ideas, I through this book out to someone and (score!) received it as a present. Honestly, love it! I read the entire thing - very easy and simple read. Made a list of some key makeup pieces I was missing and tried it out.  I was really impressed with the outcome - me!

I'm not a huge makeup person but this book is great because it shows you how to achieve a really simple, clean, natural looking face (without a lot of heavy makeup) in 5 minutes or less. It also explains (and shows you) how to step it up a notch for a more sassy/evening occasion. Perfect for busy women who are not interested in spending (or do not have) an hour to get ready in the a.m., but still really want to look great and put on some makeup.

Don't get me wrong, I do not put makeup on every morning, but now I have the tools to do so if I desire.

Have fun!

Sincerely,

Made up ... sometimes

P.S. Where has tinted moisturizer been all my life?

2 comments:

  1. Oohh I'd love to read that book. There are a few youtube videos too - you can see Carmindy putting the 5-minute face on someone at Sephora. Pretty great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will check it out ... hey, your bday is coming up - add to the list :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...