Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Coat That Got Away .... errr

Last Friday, I took five minutes for myself during a marathon episode of running errands. These five minutes took me to Winners (for you Americans out there, Winners is like T.J. Maxx).

I have been wanting to get a new winter coat - a sort of everyday one with a bit of style that I could wear casual or slightly dressy. Nothing too out there, as I have mentioned before my style is simple. Then, I saw it, a nice little black DKNY number for $109.99 CAD. DKNY calls her "Julianne".

DKNY Julianne Single Breasted A-line Coat
DKNY's Julianne coat (image from www.polyvore.com)

I liked the coat because of some of the details - the empire waist, the slight tulip/pleated bottom (good for my hips), the hood and the three buttons on the pleat at the back (not seen in photo). Of course I didn't buy it and decided to think about it - mistake! 

I finally convinced myself on Sunday to run back and buy it, only to discover that it was gone! Now for those of you who are not familiar with Winners, yes it is a chain, but every store has different inventory and every department is a bit of a free for all, so the idea of actually trying to find a store that has this coat still available is, well, IMPOSSIBLE!

I have found it online, but ordering from the U.S. is a pain because of all of the extra duty and taxes we get charged, and I'm not planning a trip across the border for a couple of months so that doesn't work either. Not to mention, everywhere I have found it online, it is at least $40 more.

Sighhhhhhh ...

Oh well ... I guess this love affair was not meant to be.

Sincerely,

Jacketless

P.S. Ever notice that your fondness for an article of clothing greatly increases, just by the mere fact that you can't have it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...