Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Toilet Training & Smartie Addictions

Okay so my “one week shy of being a 3 yr old” son is toilet trained … I think.

It has been three days of “dry” underwear with a diaper at nap time and bed time. No accidents (but taking to bathroom to “try” every 40 mins or so).

Toilet training is something that we have attempted many times – stickers, charts, yelps of praise, new toilet seats,etc. etc. etc. I will secretly admit that when (by total fluke) my husband and I got our son to do a #2 on the toilet while on vacation when he was only 11.5 months, I thought this was going to be a snap. “Bahaw!”, I thought,to all those people who say boys are usually 3 yrs old when they finally get it! “I’ll show you”, i gloated inside, not my son!

YEAH RIGHT!!!! Here we are, 2 years later .

What finally worked? Him being fully ready I guess and … the secret weapon …Smarties … one for a successful pee, two for a numero dos and three smarties for a joint effort. Now we have to deal with a nasty smartie addiction … and his aim

Signing off,

Toilet Trainer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...