Monday, September 20, 2010

Educated Style

I am relatively new to blogging and the blogosphere.  During my time here, I have very quickly discovered there are a whole lot of fashion lovin' ladies out there. Blogs devoted to showcasing daily outfits (I commend you, most of my outfits are definitely not world wide web worthy!) and those dedicated to women enthralled with specific stores (J.Crew and Anthropologie seem to be the favs and I'm with you!). 

Which brings me to a certain book I bought a few years back which I think is worth a peruse by any and all females. The Book is titled, "InStyle Secrets of Style:  The complete guide to dressing your best every day" and is by the editors of In Style magazine.
 
Secrets of Style: InStyle's Complete Guide to Dressing Your Best Every Day

A quote from the book's first page has stayed with me since I read it:

"Fashion, by its very definition, is constantly changing.  Style, however, is something else altogether, a distinctive way you speak, act or dress ... to be in style is to express yourself, to live with imagination, ease and confidence."

I found the book to be amazing and a classic staple you can keep on your bookshelf forever, referring back to for helpful hints and ideas whenever you need to. It goes into great depth and explanation about different shapes, fabrics, cuts, styles and what is best suited for various body types. The book includes chapters on everything from Basics and Classics to Sunglasses and Swimsuits. There are explanations on appropriate dress for various occasions, the difference between day and evening dressing and even how to care for various items and fabrics. It doesn't show you how to dress like the runway, which is why I love it. It provides you with the basic elements and rules of fashion and style which then allow you to apply how you wish.

Definitely a great girlfriend-to-girlfriend present, Christmas request or look through during your next visit to Chapters or Barnes & Noble.  Especially for all you stay-at-home moms who may need a bit of inspiration for your daily ensembles.

Hope you enjoy!

Sincerely,

Pear Shape & Proud

1 comment:

  1. This is now on my Christmas list. Although I love the comfort of lulus, I am getting tired of wearing them EVERYDAY! I feel like it's turned into a mom uniform.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...